About the BCA
The BCA was established in 1954 and is now working toward reinvigorating itself as a 501c3. Our mission is to strengthen the fabric of our community by offering educational, social and outreach activities in the east end of Pittsburgh. Our programs are open to everyone - we are a very diverse organization that embraces and supports people of all economic backgrounds and ages.
Some of our key programs and services (past and present) include:
Educational and Environmental Programs:
- Anti-Fracking Education, Beer Brewing and Tasting, Bottle Club, EJ's Army (Street clean-up), Finance Seminars, Garden Club Classes, Jazzercise, Mary Pat School of Dance, Personal Defense (Lady Beware), Swim Club, Classes and Swim Team, Venture Crew, Wine Tasting Seminars, Yoga Classes, Zumba Classes
Outreach and Spiritual Services:
- Blackboard Newsletter, Block Captain Ambassadors, Boy Scouts, Crime Watch, Day of Caring, Garage Sale, Meet the Candidates Series, Neighbors Unite Wilkinsburg, Pick-up Soccer, Playgroup (family group), Victory Calvary Prayer Group, Website and Community Email Blast (Notices)
Community and Social Events:
With our new status we will expand our outreach even more with additional programs!
- Beef and Beer, Children's Christmas Party, Fall Fest, Fourth of July Parade, KinderCare Event, Scandinavian Society Annual Event, Strawberry Festival
Read more about the history of how the BCA organization came about on the Blackridge History page.
May 2016 - May 2017 BCA Board Members:
President - Dirk Page
Vice President - Jen Suiters
Treasurer - Ron Kotun
Secretary - MJ Shaw
Vice President Membership - Kristin Pesch
Vice President Buildings & Grounds - Peter Hughes
Vice President Ways & Means - Ceil Greber
Rental Director - Vacant
Newsletter - Tara Taylor
Historian - Steve Pesch
Webmaster - Damon Mahon
Churchill – Lee Borellis, Maria Taylor, Jay Gamze
Penn Hills – Steve Jurman, Bill Miller, Vacant
Wilkinsburg –Julia Ryman, Kristin Brown, Vacant
As always, we welcome any volunteers and help for our board. If you are interested in donating your time, please
contact the BCA
- Opportunities for committee participation and other ways to get personally involved in your neighborhood
- Ability to vote and run for the BCA Board
- Member discounts for clubhouse rentals, neighborhood events and the Blackridge Yard Sale
- E-mail notices about important neighborhood events
- The knowledge that you're an active, involved part of the neighborhood!
To join the Blackridge Civic Association visit our Membership Page now.